1 whole chicken
1. Wash chicken thoroughly and dry with paper towels.
2. In a bowl, blend together the next five ingredients and rub all over chicken and inside cavity.
3. Take the half head of garlic and stuff cavity.
4. Take whole lemon and prick with fork to release juices, and also stuff in cavity.
5. Put chicken in roaster uncovered, breast side down and broil until it starts to get crispy and golden.
6. Remove from oven and turn chicken breast side up, put back in oven until crispy and golden.
7. Lower oven to 350° and roast covered for 1-1/2 hours or until chicken is very well done.
Submitted by: Gisele Dayan