Cranberry Nut Cake
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Grease and flour a 9 × 5 × 3 loaf pan or a bundt pan.
3. Prepare cranberries, nuts and orange peel. Set aside.
4. In a bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Cut in shortening.
6. Stir in orange juice and egg, mixing until just moist.
7. Fold in cranberry nut mixture.
8. Spoon into pan.
9. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Submitted by: Debbi Gindi