Group Fitness Director
We are an upscale group fitness studio located in a modern community center in southern Brooklyn.
Since 1982, we have loyally served a community of fitness fanatics who refuse days off and bring their A-game each morning. We are in love with fitness and hope that you are too.
Our Group X department operates five modern rooms, all wired professionally for sound. Our space includes a dedicated yoga room and spin room with 38 Stages cycles. We are fully stocked with the fitness equipment required for unforgettable classes: from weights and bands to stability balls and Viprs.
The music here is loud and the energy is real.
About You: Our Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a talented and vibrant Group Fitness Director to manage the day-to-day operations of in-person group fitness classes and some virtual programming.
As our Group Fitness Director, the ideal candidate is:
• Friendly, efficient, and growth-oriented
• Has a nose for hiring and managing a talented team of group fitness instructors (to include multiple class formats)
• Has experience working with operating budgets and overseeing a weekly group fitness schedule
• Proficient with social media (photo, video and simple graphic design)
• Ready to work with member feedback and a helpful volunteer committee
• Interested in ensuring the department’s growth with new programs and special events
• A skilled communicator with natural problem-solving abilities
Will include an impossibly hard-working support staff of front desk workers, responsive maintenance team (for class set-up and breakdown), and a marketing team to support your new projects.
You will report to a Director of Health & Wellness who is forward-thinking and stresses a team-first approach.