Chief Operations Officer
About this Position
The Chief Operating Officer is responsible in overseeing the organization’s ongoing operations, procedures, and the overall efficiency of the building. The primary focus is to maintain full functionality of all building operations to help drive extensive and sustainable growth. This includes maintaining a high level of safety, cleanliness, and decorum. The position works closely with all maintenance supervisors and reports both to the Chief Executive Officer, as well as the Chief Financial Officer. Candidate must have exceptional IT skills.
•Designing and implementing the organization’s day to day operations.
• Establishing policies that promote the organization’s culture and vision.
• Overseeing all building related activity, projects, and issues.
• Ensuring building is complying with all regulatory Department of Building and Department of Mental Hygiene codes. Correct and deal with all violations in a timely fashion.
• Filing and maintaining all permits and licensing.
• Review and coordinate all building safety plans including emergency evacuation plans, etc.
• Managing all security related personnel, security CCTV Cameras, and their related procedures/protocols.
• Checks and balances of all maintenance related recurring expenditures and non-recurring project related expenditures. Reduce costs and waste where applicable.
• Organize all records, permits, licenses, and contracts.
• Address staff needs.
• Assist administrative staff for special events when called upon.
• Due to past technological experiences – Deal with all network-related camera, wi-fi, and computer issues that emerge.
• Providing a clean, safe, and welcoming environment for members and guests.
• Chief Executive Officer, Associate Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer, and Controller
• All Maintenance Facility Managers and Maintenance Staff
• All Security related personnel and Building Access Control Staff
• Minimum educational requirement of a Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related subject.
• Strong IT experience.
• Excels at strategic thinking, open to new perspectives and better ways to do things; creative, a visionary, and manages innovation well.
• Must have the ability to delegate effectively, with superior decision-making skills.
• Track record of successful financial management. Results-driven.
• Executive-level communication and influencing skills with the ability to resolve issues. Proven skills in negotiating and mediating conflict.
Salary commensurate with experience.