4th Grade Ballers League Rules
Basketball Rules for 4th Grade Boys
- Every team plays 6 regular season games and 2 playoff games.
First game is February 2, Finals are April 5.
- Tipoff at 1045 or 11:15 SHARP.
- All players are encouraged to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to tipoff in order to warm up and practice with your team.
- Games have four 7 minute quarters with a 2 minute half time.
Clock runs continuously, and only stops for whistles with less than 1 min left in the 2nd quarter and 2 min left in the 4th
- The clock stops on free throws until the player receives the ball on the 2nd free throw (unless under 1 minute of 2nd quarter or 2 minutes of the 4th quarter)
- There is one, 3 minute overtime per game, after the 3 minutes if it is still a tie game ends in a tie.
- 4 timeouts per game. 2 per half. Does NOT carry over.
- Each team has 7 players.
- NO player may be substituted if a player quits, ejected, or suspended from the league.
- Coaches must make sure that each player plays at least 50% of every game.
- We play 5 on 5. If one team only has 5 players, game is played 4 on 4. If one team only has 4 players or less, we’ll start the clock but wait for a 5th If the first period ends before the 4th player arrives then that team forfeits. For every 2 minutes that were run off waiting for the 4th player, the opposing team will be awarded a technical foul.
- Games may not be delayed to wait for a missing player.
- Players MUST wear their jerseys to every game. If they have no jersey they cannot play. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
- · ONLY HEAD COACH IS ALLOWED ON THE BENCH!!· Coach CANNOT be on the court while coaching. A warning will be given by the referee, after the warning, a technical foul will be given to the coach.
- We are playing with 2 pointers only NO 3’s
Free throws count as 1 point. Free throws are taken from the foul line
Fouls and Penalties
- Players are allotted 6 personal fouls. After that, a technical foul will be allotted.
- Shooting fouls result in 2 free throws.
- Free throw violations will be strictly enforced.
- Non-shooting fouls are inbounded from the sideline or behind the basket, according to where the foul took place.
- After 7 Team Fouls all fouls are 2 shots (this resets for 2nd half)
- Can advance the ball to half court for in bound if you call timeout.
- You have 5 seconds to inbound the ball.
- There is a penalty for being in the paint for more than 5 Seconds. Referee will give a warning but after that it will be loss of possession.
- Loss of possession if a player is holding the ball without moving for 5 seconds.
- No Press. You can’t press or play defense outside of the 3 point line. The first press violation will result in a delay of game penalty. All subsequent violations are deemed technical fouls and a 10 second clock runoff.
- Substitutions must be made from the table; the player should be waiting at the table to get in at next whistle
- – FULL COURT PRESS is allowed when:
-Under 3 minutes in the game
NO intentional fouls. We must teach our kids what “trying to foul”.
NO FOUL LANGUAGE-Not permitted and Ref will assess a technical foul.
A technical foul results in a personal foul and a team foul.
Any player or coach receiving two technical fouls in a game will be ejected from the game, and will be suspended for their team’s next game.
Technical fouls are penalized two foul shots by a player on the offended team, selected by the coach, and possession of the ball.
Three technical fouls assessed to one team, regardless of the reason, will immediately cause the game to be forfeited. The team will leave the gym immediately.
Any coach receiving a total of 3 technical fouls in a single season will be suspended from coaching for the remainder of that season.
Any parent on the sideline deemed acting inappropriate will be asked to leave the gym.
· Quarterfinals will be 3 vs 6 & 4 vs 5. # 1 seed & # 2 seed will have byes to the semis and will play a scrimmage game against each other. ·
- Semifinals matchups for will be seed 1 Vs seed 4 and seed 2 Vs seed 3.
Semifinal winners will play in the championship; There will be no consolation games for the losing team
Seeds will be ranked in following order: Record>Head to head>Point differential.
- Any Player that acts unsportsmanlike, the ref can assess a technical foul to that player’s team.
Dads and spectators are required to stay on the side of the court designated by the chairs setup.
Scorekeepers/referees have final say in game matters. Please respect their authority and teach the kids to respect their authority.
Trophies will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place teams.