Reopening Updates and Information
DUE TO NEW CITY RESTRICTIONS, WE ARE NOW UNDER A MANDATORY 2-WEEK PAUSE OF IN-PERSON SERVICES AND FACILITIES.
Because of rapidly changing circumstances, information about services and programs may not be up to date. If you have any questions regarding our status at this time and cannot find the information below, please email [email protected] or call the Front Desk at (718) 627-4300
The following in-person services and facilities are not operational at this time:
- Fitness Center
- In-Person Programs and Clubs
Services and programs that are still operational are:
- Early Childhood
- Virtual Programming
We are continuing to offer virtual programming. Please check our event calendar for upcoming virtual programs. We are also offering a full menu of Senior Adults services – for our weekly schedule, click here.
Stay tuned for updates and continued virtual programs.
Visitors are asked to sign COVID-19-related waivers when first using the facility.
That form is available upon check-in — or, you can save time by printing and signing that form now.
THE FOLLOWING FACILITIES AND PROGRAMS ARE OPEN:
Fitness Center: Overview
+ The fitness center is open on an appointment-basis as of September 2. We are doing so in accordance with New York State law and while strictly following CDC guidelines. Detailed instructions on how to book your appointment and what to expect during your visit can be found below.
+ Outdoor group fitness classes are ongoing and low risk group fitness formats are scheduled indoors. For more Group X news or the complete schedule visit the Group X page and follow us on Instagram @sccexercise.
Fitness Center Reopening: What to Expect
For Fitness Center hours, please click here.
Booking Your Appointment:
- New York State mandates that we operate at 33% capacity and maintain proper social distancing within the gym. In compliance, visits to the gym are done on an appointment basis. There is no guarantee that we can accommodate walk-ins.
- Workouts are fifty (50) minutes in length, leaving us ten (10) to deep clean. So that everyone can be accommodated, appointments are limited to one visit per member, per day.
- The first week is our soft opening. Appointments can be booked on our website. Click here to book.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are suddenly unable to attend. No-shows will be tracked.
Before Your Visit:
- Make sure to have your appointment booked. Check your confirmation email after booking to make sure you have the right date and time.
- Please bring a towel. Gym towels (and showers) are not available at our facility for health reasons. This will change as regulations are updated.
- Make sure that you’re feeling well before your visit. If you or someone you have been in contact with are showing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay at home.
At Our Facility:
- Arrive on time.
- Wear a mask in all areas of the building, even during exercise.
- Your temperature will be taken. Those with temperatures of 100 or greater must unfortunately be turned away. You’ll also be asked to sign a Covid-19 waiver.
- Practice Social Distancing
- With your safety in mind, we are committed to touchless check-in. Scan the barcode found in your TheCenterSCC app. IMPORTANT: If you need help getting set up on the app, email our friendly Concierge Service at [email protected] Doing this now will save you time.
- A security team member will verify your membership and double-check your appointment. To help expedite the check-in process, screenshot your appointment confirmation.
- Wipe down all pieces of equipment that you use. Strictly enforced.
- Enter and exit on time, please.
Our pool reopens to Center members starting September 30, 2020!
+ The pool is open on an appointment-basis as of September 30. We are doing so in accordance with New York State law and while strictly following CDC guidelines. Detailed instructions on how to book your appointment and what to expect during your visit can be found below.
Pool Reopening: What to Expect
Booking Your Appointment:
- New York mandates that we operate at 33% capacity and maintain proper social distancing throughout our facilities. So, while we do allow walk-ins, appointments are strongly recommended.
- To help manage appointments fairly, we ask that you book online. Seniors who require technology assistance can schedule appointments through the reception desk at (718) 627-4300.
- Please bring your own towel, swimming cap, and lock for temporary locker.
- Please arrive a few minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- A guard will smile at you from under a mask.
- A Center membership (in good standing) is required prior to admittance.
- A Covid-19 waiver must be completed and signed. You can save time by downloading the waiver at the top of the page and bringing a signed copy with you.
- Temperatures will be checked.
During Your Visit:
- All swimmers are expected to shower before entering the pool.
- All swimmers must wear swimming caps in the pool.
- Street shoes are not allowed in the pool area, for any reason.
- Please enter and exit the pool area on time and adhere to lifeguard instructions at all times.
- Lockers are there for the protection of your personal items and are not overnight lockers.
- Please bring your own towel(s), lock, and swimming cap.
or call (718) 627-4300 if you need technology support.
Still have questions? Email [email protected]
Once you’re back in the building, you’ll notice some upgrades to our lobby’s appearance and some changes to the sign-in process. Please be patient with us as we’ll be implementing these changes with your safety in mind. You can review some of our new guidelines below:
Ballers, our youth sports league, is scheduled to return in mid-October as an instructional, developmental and non-competitive league.
FACILITIES THAT ARE CLOSED
There is no word yet about the reopening of the health spa, free play or adult basketball leagues. Be sure to visit this site again for the news as it breaks.
For more info or any questions, please call our Concierge Service at (718) 954-3150 or email Jamie Simon at [email protected]
Even though we’re still operating many areas virtually, we still haven’t forgotten how to throw memorable programs and epic special events.
Visit our Event Calendar for an expanding list of exciting programs. You won’t want to miss out!