Audrey Levy A”H Super Women’s Day
By David Jolovitz
On May 8, the Center opened its doors to the fragrant scents of fresh-cut flowers, fresh-ground coffee, and a fresh-new take on women’s programming. In memory of Audrey Levy A”H, the Center’s Super Women’s Day aimed to inspire our community’s women with a day full of enlightening classes, workshops, and — shh! — a little bit of shopping. Well, the reviews are in and … mission accomplished.
Our educational carousel covered many important topics contributing to better living, benefiting veteran moms, soon-to-be moms, and “one-day” moms.
• Sari Sitt, Audrey’s sister, leading an intimate foundational yoga class.
• Michele Cohen OTR/L speaking on the “ABCs of Baby Development.”
• Mother-daughter duo Claudia Bildirici and Lottie Mishan whipping up an irresistible lemon olive oil cake cooking demo.
• An information-packed parenting class with Norma Gindi titled, “From Martyrs to Superwomen: A Shift in Perspective.”
• An eye-opening, pantry-stocking discussion about “Good Eating for Kids” with Norma Saff.
• And Laura Shamah presenting on “Healthy Body, Healthy Mind” in a casual town hall format.
Audience members were treated to personalized and complimentary notebooks and pens to help them capture good ideas and commemorate the day. On the third floor, music thumped in the red gym as hundreds of shoppers secured the perfect Mother’s Day gifts with free personalized tote bags in hand. Savvy shoppers treated themselves to a little something extra but made sure to fill their bags with gifts for the loved ones in their lives.
The Center offered facials, had a free gift-wrapping table, and sold cookbooks and cozy, limited edition event sweatshirts to really keep the pampering going. Smiles stretched as far as the eye could see — far past the Ouri’s coffee and salad bars on the first floor.
Ultimately, Audrey’s advocacy for the critical importance of physical and emotional self-care is the reason this event was born. She embodied kindness, compassion, strength, and love — and was fast inspire the best in others.
And, due to its wild success, the Audrey Levy A”H Super Women’s Day is now planned to flower every year around Mother’s Day. See you there.